One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Loop Femme with One Women's Palazzo Printed Belt adjective
1Occurring, appearing, or done infrequently and irregularly.‘the occasional car went by but no taxis’
infrequent, intermittent, irregular, periodic, sporadic, odd, random, casual, desultory, incidental, uncommon, episodic, few and far between, fitful, spasmodic, isolated, rareView synonyms
- ‘Nine beaches have been closed due to high bacteria levels as well as occasional visits of red tides.’
- ‘Most people make at least occasional visits to the pub and do so without abusing others.’
- ‘Beyond fields and woods come occasional glimpses of the lake in dry brilliant sunshine.’
- ‘His vocabulary is simple but effective, though occasional obscurities may be found in his sentences.’
- ‘Occasional flashes of lightning danced over the distant peaks of the Cordillera Real.’
- ‘Fischer showed occasional flashes of his old self, but was also clearly rusty.’
- ‘What I am saying is that occasional errors are inevitable with a truly free press.’
- ‘Provide at least occasional online access to your top technicians and decision makers.’
- ‘She had never really seen the inside of his room before; only occasional chance glances.’
- ‘Among the most striking aspects of the movie are its occasional forays into animation.’
- ‘Neighbors, family members, even occasional bystanders used to separate combatants.’
- ‘Loud snores started to come out of him as occasional hiccups followed.’
- ‘Soon she could see nothing in that darkness but the occasional flash of light.’
- ‘The men were closer, talking amongst themselves with an occasional burst of laughter.’
- ‘Everyone else should regard them only as a very occasional treat.’
- ‘The writing is elegant with only occasional lapses into obscurity.’
- ‘He does it with style and flair and the occasional foray into drag.’
- ‘There may be occasional lapses like the one that strikes the reader's eyes.’
- ‘There is little evidence that occasional light snoring does any harm at all.’
- ‘Despite occasional bursts of humor, the prevalent tone throughout the movie is somber.’
- 1.1 (of furniture) made or adapted for use on a particular occasion or for infrequent use.
‘an occasional table’
- ‘Described as a desk, dining or occasional chair, it is designed with sufficient strength to support even a very large person.’
- ‘Other items include pieces of occasional furniture that were covered by Monica.’
- ‘Upstairs, the L-shaped landing is well lit, thanks to a window alcove with room for an occasional chair.’
- ‘He made occasional furniture pieces such as tables and chairs, as well as picture frames.’
- 1.2 (of a literary composition, speech, religious service, etc.) produced on or intended for a special occasion.
Loop Femme Women's Belt Palazzo One Printed with ‘he wrote occasional verse for patrons’
- ‘He read voraciously for himself, and began to write occasional verses when he was still at school.’
- ‘If so, will there be occasional masses where personal prayer is permitted after communion?’
- ‘He was the only human they trusted enough to honor with their presence and occasional speeches.’
- with Belt Loop Women's Printed Femme One Palazzo ‘Occasional services are held there, as are occasional concerts.’
- One Printed Loop Palazzo Women's Femme with Belt ‘Even as late as last month she was still giving the occasional speech and attending functions.’
- ‘It covered a great range of moods and themes: love, wine, religion, didactic topics, and occasional verse.’
- ‘The abcd abcd efg efg rhyming scheme isn't traditional, but it's not bad for occasional verse.’
- ‘He made his living in academia and from occasional exploits into literary journalism.’
- 1.3dated Employed for a particular occasion or on an irregular basis.
‘occasional freelancer seeks full-time position’
- ‘He employs two steady workers, two occasional employees and has two business partners.’
- ‘Use of the equipment was initially limited to the company's own employees and the occasional journalist.’
Top tips for better writingPRINTED WOMENS LAVENNDER WOMENS COTTON TROUSER PRINTED LAVENNDER WOMENS TROUSER LAVENNDER COTTON PRINTED CwqrqIt
Some advice to nail your writing assignments.
Top tips for CV writingPRINTED WOMENS LAVENNDER WOMENS COTTON TROUSER PRINTED LAVENNDER WOMENS TROUSER LAVENNDER COTTON PRINTED CwqrqIt
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.