One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Possible and practical to do easily or conveniently.‘the Dutch have demonstrated that it is perfectly feasible to live below sea level’
practicable, practical, workable, achievable, attainable, realizable, viable, realistic, sensible, reasonable, within reason, within the bounds of possibilityView synonyms
- ‘This last idea seemed the best to me - and the most feasible to try and achieve as well.’
- ‘There are lots of problems with that sort of design, but it should be practically feasible.’
- ‘A public health policy of mass screening for ovarian cancer may not prove feasible for several reasons.’
- ‘This is an especially useful method for limiting items to only those considered feasible in practice.’
- ‘Is there any long term, feasible solution to parking problems in Bangalore?’
- ‘It seems to me someone could come up with a feasible solution for Bradford.’
- ‘But though it would be technically possible, would such tracking be feasible?’
- ‘We therefore had to make a judgment as to whether repopulation was realistic or feasible.’
- ‘For small companies, where centralized management is not a desideratum, this solution may be feasible.’
- ‘The preferred criterion model was found to be feasible and acceptable to general practitioners.’
- Trouser 28 Purple Van Polyester Size Heusen ‘This would certainly be feasible in Europe and possibly in the Americas.’
- ‘Sensible reform is feasible and no more costly than the existing shambles.’
- ‘However, this time consuming procedure is hardly feasible in general practice and therefore is seldom done.’
- ‘Amelioration of such limitations is quite feasible and would do much to strengthen rural practice.’ High Jeans Pencil Jeans 2017 Ninth Waist Women Slim Pants Sexy Lady Fashion Jeans Skinny Pants Pants Trousers New Elastic Fit IwBBY1qT
- ‘It may not, in fact, be feasible or even possible to continue to tell or rely on only that kind of story.’
- ‘A pledge is then feasible only if it is practical to separate the goods in question from the rest.’
- ‘There are two answers to that: one is an imperfect but feasible solution, and one is more idealised.’
- ‘It would be a feasible solution that could be enacted with a handful of live shows.’
- ‘We truly believe that this is a transport policy that is manageable, practical and feasible.’
- ‘Clinical observations on traditional remedies are feasible and useful.’
2Likely; probable.‘the most feasible explanation’
likely, most likely, odds-on, expected, to be expected, anticipated, predictable, foreseeable, ten to one, presumed, potential, credible, quite possible, possibleView synonyms
- ‘A feasible explanation for this discrepancy can be found in this work.’
- ‘It is a perfectly feasible religious position to imagine a god as non-interventionist.’
- ‘I think it's actually still a feasible explanation.’
Late Middle English: from Old French faisible, from fais-, stem of faire ‘do, make’, from Latin facere.
Some advice to nail your writing assignments.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.